2021 Theme: Shifting the Narrative
- KEYNOTE: Psychological Evolution of the Black Male, Andre Fields, Ph.D.
- KEYNOTE: Soul Wealth: Inner Peace is Really Possible, Dr. Vikki Johnson
- What happens When Our Kids See It? When Black Children Witness Racial Trauma, Regena F. Nelson, Ph.D.
- Are We Safe? The Science Behind African American Stress Response, David Thomas, MA, LPC
- Black Woman What’s Wrong with You? The Misunderstood Plight of the Black Woman, Elishae Johnson, Ph.D., LPC & Valarie Cunningham, MSW, LMSW
- Not the Client Too? Mental Health Implications for African American Clinicians Experiencing Microaggressions, Charmeka Newton, Ph.D., LP & Tatyana Smith, BS
- Navigating Spaces: Tips for Empowering Mental and Emotional Wellness for Black Queer and Gender Expansive Persons, Angela Lewis, MS, LLPC & Maime Butler
- Racial Disparities: The Power of Advocacy, Kevin Fischer
- Beyond Code Switching? Biculturalism, Candy S. McCorkle, Ph.D.
- I Can’t Breathe! The Healing Breath of Trauma Informed Yoga & Meditation, Kimberly Lee, B.S.
2020 Theme: Shifting the Culture
- KEYNOTE: Mental Health and Mental Illness: Deadly Misconceptions, Dr. Rajiv Tandon
- KEYNOTE: Toxic Masculinity: Facing Our Feelings, Kevin Fischer
- Criminalization of My Blackness: Impact of Systemic Racism, Stacey Ledbetter
- It’s A Big Deal! My Black Hair, Shoni Newhouse
- He’s Not Threatened! You Can Have a Therapist and Jesus Too, Dr. Bernice Patterson
- Here Too? How Microaggressions Destroy Safety in the Therapeutic Environment, Elishae Johnson
- Criminality vs. Intentionality: Shifting Agency & Court Culture to Understand African American Child Discipline, Dr. Carla Adkison-Johnson
- The Rose that Blooms in Concrete: Trauma and Its Impact, Tasha Turner-Freeman
- Understanding Historical Roots of Trauma and Health Outcomes, Dr. Cheryl Dickson
- School is Killing Me: School Induced Anxiety and Depression, Danielle Smith, LMSW
2019 Breaking the Stigma: African American Mental Health Symposium
- KEYNOTE: EQUITY in the Opportunity to Survive the 1st Year of Life…a dream deferred, Dr. Arthur R. James
- Fugitive, Subject, Patient, Activist: A Historical Review of African American Encounters with Psychiatry, Sean Harris, Ph.D.
- Adverse Childhood Experiences: Why We Should Care, Dr. Cheryl Dickson
- What is Your Professional Obligation? A Community in Denial, Joseph Reynolds, B.S.
- Is Faith Enough? The Role of the Church in African American Mental Health, Valarie Cunningham, MSW, LMSW
- Is Your Organization Ready for Me? Developing Culturally Sustaining Practices, Elishae Johnson, Ph.D., LPC
- The Impact of Mental Health on African American Families, Carla Adkison-Johnson, Ph.D.